Yoga meets you exactly where you are. The act of doing yoga brings awareness to your posture, breath, and movement. A simple yoga pose can allow your body and mind to relax. You can be sitting, standing, or laying down. You may practice yoga at a studio, in the backyard, or anywhere you wish.
I have practiced yoga for 10 years and do at least one pose a day. Yoga has eased my pain both physically and emotionally. It has helped me face many challenges. I own a yoga mat, a pose bible, follow YouTube yoga teachers, and google “yoga for…” like my life depends on it. Yoga has helped me find peace and acceptance in my daily life. Yoga has helped me live life more fully.
The benefits of yoga can be felt immediately. You can choose how and when to practice yoga. There is no minimum requirement. It’s all about where you are right now. Give yourself permission to find a yoga practice that suits your needs.
Take a self-inventory:
- Are you rushing from one thing to the next?
- Do you experience fatigue?
- Is your day spent at the computer?
- Do you find yourself stretching throughout the day?
- Are you facing aches and pains?
- Do you face depression?
- Are you looking to ground yourself?
Whatever you may need, there is a yoga pose that may help you!
Try yoga today!
Remember: Talk to your doctor before you start any new exercise program.
5 Reasons to Try Yoga:
- Yoga can be done anywhere: on a mat, bed, chair, or in the grass.
- Practice without a cost or time commitment: do it free and in as little as one minute.
- Gain an inner connection: reduce and remove stress from the body and mind.
- Experience grounding: bring balance into your day.
- Yoga is exactly what you need: choose the parameters, time, location, and space.
A few good poses to start:
- Downward Facing Dog
- Seated Twist