It’s easy to become a Colorado Access provider. Why would you want to? We strive to to be the easiest plan to work with. Most importantly, we understand your time is valuable and we respect your expertise, which is why we ensure:
- Provider relations representatives provide quick responses to your questions and concerns
- Your claims are processed and paid quickly
- Your claims are processed accurately
Sound good? Keep reading to find out how to join our network.
At this time, we are not recruiting or adding new providers to our medical or behavioral networks, except in the following instances:
- Primary Care Providers for RAE Regions 3 and 5
We are currently contracting with Primary Care Providers (MDs, DOs, NPs) in the following counties: Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Elbert, Douglas.
- Child Health Plan Plus (State Managed Care Network or CHP+ offered by Colorado Access) – We are currently contracting with highly specialized medical providers, psychiatrists and medical providers in rural areas.
- Behavioral Health – We are currently contracting with psychiatrists, family nurse practitioners (FNPs), nurse practitioners (NPs), physician assistants (PAs) with prescriptive abilities, providers who speak a foreign language other than Spanish, and providers who specialize and are experienced in treating eating disorders.
If these exceptions don’t apply to you, you may still submit a request with the information below. If you don’t receive a response, please be assured we keep these requests on file. These requests are our first point of reference when recruiting new providers.
If these exceptions do apply to you, please email the information below to our provider contracting department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request within 30 business days, and will respond to you directly. Incomplete information will result in a delayed response.
- Practice/facility name
- Individual provider name(s) and degree or type of licensure
- Specialty, including information regarding services you provide
- Full practice/facility address, including county, for all practice locations. If you provide services in the home, please provide the geographic area(s) in which you provide services
- Contact person’s name, phone number and email address
- The plan(s) in which you would like to participate: CHP+HMO, CHP+ State Managed Care Network, and/or Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program)
- A current W-9
- Your NPI number
We will also need your current Medicaid provider number and proof that you have revalidated your number with the state. This is a requirement to participate in our networks. For more information about participating in Medicaid or the revalidation process, please visit the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing’s website.
Our long-term services and supports program provides personalized care management and referrals to providers and community resources for qualifying members who have chronic illnesses or disabilities that require long term care. To be added to the list of providers and community resources (for either medical or non-medical services), please call us at 877-710-9993.
If you are not currently a Colorado Medicaid provider, you will need to contact the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing to enroll. Find information about becoming a Colorado Medicaid provider here.
What changes are being made to the Behavioral Health Organizations?
The Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing will contract with one administrative entity in each of the seven regions defined by the state to be responsible for the duties traditionally performed by the Regional Care Collaborative Organizations (RCCO) and Behavioral Health Organizations (BHO). This change will improve the patient experience by creating one point of contact and clear accountability for whole person care. If you are a current Colorado Access behavioral health provider, you are automatically participating in our RAE network, and no contracting action is required at this time.