Call Colorado Crisis Services. They have a free hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Call 844-493-TALK (844-493-8255).
- Text TALK to 38255.
Caring for you and your health is our top priority. We want you to know about any benefit changes from COVID-19.
To learn more about your benefits, testing, treatment, and getting health care during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit:
Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) offered by Colorado Access is a low-cost health insurance plan for children through age 18 and pregnant women. If you make too much to qualify for Medicaid, your family might qualify. If you have any problems or questions about your CHP+ eligibility or enrollment, please call Health First Colorado Enrollment at 888-367-6557.
We can help you or your child get the care that you need.
CHP insurance ends on your 19th birthday. But we can help you find health insurance!
Click here and get started today!
Do you have some ideas about how we can improve your health plan? We’d love your input. If you’re a member or parent/guardian of a member, we invite you to apply to be a part of our meetings. The meetings happen every month. Please call us for more information.
Choose Colorado Access as your CHP+ plan, and enjoy extra benefits other plans don’t offer. Extra benefits include:
- An additional $100 vision benefit. Each member gets a $150 vision benefit each year. Buy lenses, frames or contacts.
- An additional 10 outpatient physical rehabilitation visits. Each member gets 40 visits (per diagnosis) each year.
If you have questions about your CHP+ plan, call us.
How do I enroll in CHP+ offered by Colorado Access?
If your family qualifies for CHP+, here is how you can apply.
- Apply online: Visit colorado.gov/PEAK. Click on the blue box titles “Apply for Benefits.” This may take 30 to 60 minutes.
- Apply by phone: Call 800-221-3943 or use State Relay 711. Call Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Apply by mail: Download and print a paper application here.
- Apply in person: Visit your local county office. Or a local application assistance site.
When you apply, be sure to include all required documents. Click here to see what’s required.
You’ll get auto-assigned to an HMO. This is based on where you live. If you don’t get assigned to us and you want to be on our plan, you may change your health plan. You have to change your health plan within 90 days after you are first approved for CHP+. Call 888-367-6557 to change your health plan.
After you apply, you may check the status of your application online. If you applied by mail, in person or over the phone, you can still create a Colorado PEAK account to find out the status of your application online. Note: It may take 45 days from the date your application was received for a case number to be assigned. You need this number to check your status and benefits online.