Caring for you and our health is our top priority. With coronavirus (COVID-19) now in Colorado, we understand you may have questions about how to get care when you need it. If you don’t have health care coverage, and don’t know where to start, we can help. Please visit accessenrollment.org for more information.
Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) offered by Colorado Access is a low-cost health insurance plan for children. If you make too much to qualify for Medicaid, your children might qualify. When you enroll your child, they can get the care they need.
Choose Colorado Access as your CHP+ plan, and enjoy extra benefits other plans don’t offer. Extra benefits include:
- An additional $100 vision benefit. Each member gets a $150 vision benefit each year. Buy lenses, frames or contacts.
- An additional 10 outpatient physical rehabilitation visits. Each member gets 40 visits (per diagnosis) each year.
If you have questions about your CHP+ plan, call us.
If you want to see if your child qualifies for CHP+, you can view the income eligibility requirements here. Or call us and we can help you find out.
If you have any problems with your CHP+ eligibility or enrollment, please call Health First Colorado Enrollment at 888-367-6557.
What is Synagis?
Synagis is a prescription injection of antibodies. It is given each month to help protect high-risk infants from a bad virus. This virus is called severe Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). Synagis is approved by the Federal Drug Administration.
The RSV season for begins November 26, 2018 and continues through the end of April in 2019. You can get Synagis through your CHP+ pharmacy benefit. A home health agency can give it to you at home. If you have questions, talk to your provider. Your provider can find a Synagis form here.
How do I enroll in CHP+ offered by Colorado Access?
If your family qualifies for CHP+, there are three simple steps you may take to apply.
- Fill out the CHP+ application. You may apply online. Click on the blue box titled “Apply for Benefits” to begin. It takes most people 30-60 minutes to apply. You can also apply in person, by mail or by calling 800-221-3943.
- Be sure to include all required documents. Click here to see what’s required.
- You’ll get auto-assigned to an HMO based on where you live. If you don’t get assigned to Colorado Access and you want to be on our plan, you may change your health plan. You have to change your plan within 90 days after you are first approved for CHP+. You may call 888-367-6557 to change your plan.
After you apply, you may check the status of your application online. If you applied by mail, in person or over the phone, you can still create a Colorado PEAK account to find out the status of your application online. Note: It may take 45 days from the date your application was received for a case number to be assigned, which is what you need to check your status and benefits online.