Bringing a new life into the world is an exciting journey, but it also comes with the responsibility of ensuring the well-being of both the pregnant person and the baby. With Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), you have access to vital prenatal care, ultrasounds, breast pump benefits, labor and delivery services, and postpartum care to ensure a healthy start for both you and your baby.
Here’s how Health First Colorado and CHP+ can assist you during pregnancy:
- Prenatal Checkups: These appointments, which include things like blood pressure checks and weight monitoring, are vital to track your health and your baby’s progress. Regular checkups can also help catch any issues early so they can be addressed quickly.
- Ultrasounds: These incredible, noninvasive tests allow you to “see” your baby’s development and help your health care provider ensure everything is on the right track. Ultrasounds can also be used in determining the sex of your baby.
- Breast Pump Benefits: If you choose to breastfeed, Health First Colorado and CHP+ cover the cost of both manual and electric breast pumps.
- Labor and Delivery: The financial burden of childbirth can be stressful, but with Health First Colorado and CHP+ you can focus on the big day.
- Postpartum Care: The time after childbirth is essential for your recovery and your baby’s well-being. Health First Colorado and CHP+ extend coverage to include follow-up check-ups and support for your healing journey.
Navigating pregnancy care with Health First Colorado and CHP+ is a crucial step in promoting prenatal, postpartum, and infant health. It not only ensures that you receive the necessary medical attention but also eases financial worries, allowing you to focus on a healthy start for both you and your precious little one.
If you have Health First Colorado or CHP+, eligibility reviews have restarted. You may get paperwork that you must complete, sign and return by the due date to see if you still qualify. Check your email, mail, and PEAK inbox and take action when you get official messages. Don’t risk a gap in health care coverage for you or your baby. Visit healthfirstcolorado.com or coaccess.com/renewals to learn more about coverage and additional resources.