In the 17 years I have been a recruiter in Denver, I have never worked for a company that was a Top Workplace; in fact I never thought twice about the Top Workplaces award. I never thought what it would be like to work for a top workplace or what a top workplace’s culture would look like. But then I came to Colorado Access, and then a drastic culture change happened at Colorado Access and around the world. In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic, the death of George Floyd, and the Great Resignation all put a spotlight on organizations, their policies and the employee experience. Colorado Access was no exception. We had to ask ourselves some tough questions:
- Are we truly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion?
- Are we transparent with our employees about pay and hiring ranges of open positions?
- Do we need to change our work environment to accommodate hybrid and remote work?
We didn’t have all the answers, but we were committed to finding them. We listened to our employees, we made changes, and we never stopped asking ourselves, “How can we be a better and more inclusive workplace?”
Today, in 2023, I’m proud to say that Colorado Access has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post. My mindset has completely changed regarding this award; I feel that we really deserve to celebrate this award together because we all worked hard to get here. We’ve really stepped up our culture game the past three years, and every single one of us who is employed by Colorado Access is part of our culture.
- We’ve made a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We’ve become more transparent with our employees about pay and equity.
- We have a strong culture of collaboration and support. We believe that everyone has something to contribute, and we encourage our employees to share their ideas and feedback.
- And we’ve made it easier for employees to work from home and experience true work/life balance many different ways.
This award is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our employees. It’s also a reminder that our culture is not perfect, but we’re always striving to be better.
If you are an employee of Colorado Access, you should be proud to be named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post. Our members should celebrate with us too, as they are the reason for our compassion. Colorado Access is committed to continuing to create a great place to work for our employees, and I hope we continue to deserve this award again.
Thank you to our employees for making Colorado Access a great place to work!