Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Skip to main content


How to file a grievance and what you can expect after you do.

What to Do

We want to make sure you get the best care possible. But, when things aren’t right, you have a right to complain. This is called a grievance. There are four ways you can file a grievance:

  • Call us: You or your personal representative can call our grievance team. Call them at 303-751-9005 or
    at 800-511-5010.
  • Email us: You or your personal representative can email our grievance team. Email them at
  • Fill out a form: You can fill out a grievance form and send it to us. To find our most common forms, click here.
  • Write a letter: You can write us a letter to tell us about your complaint in detail. Send your letter to:
Colorado Access Grievance Department
PO Box 17950
Denver, CO 80217-0950

The letter should include your name, state identification (ID) number, address, and phone number. If you need help to write your grievance, call us. Call us at 303-751-9005.


Member Grievance Form

Line of Business Involved(Required)

Member Information


Description of Problem

Date of incident(Required)
Max. file size: 50 MB.

What Happens

What happens when I file a grievance?

  • Once we have received your grievance, we will send you a letter within two business days. The letter will say we got your grievance.
  • We will review your grievance. We may talk with you or your personal representative, or the people involved in the situation. We may also look at your health records.
  • Someone who was not involved in the situation will review your grievance.
  • Within 15 business days after we get your grievance, we will send you a letter. This letter will say what we found and how we fixed it. Or it will let you know that we need more time. You will get a letter from us after we finish the review.
  • We will work with you or your personal representative to try to find a solution that works best for you.


Ombudsman for Behavioral Health Access to Care

The office of the Ombudsman for Behavioral Health Access to Care acts as a neutral party to help members and health care providers address issues related to behavioral health access to care. CHP+ HMO is subject to the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA). A denial, restriction, or withholding of benefits for behavioral health services that are covered under the medical assistance program could be a potential violation of MHPAEA. If you have or are experiencing a behavioral health access to care issue, contact the office of the Ombudsman for Behavioral Health Access to Care.

Call 303-866-2789.