Become a Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) offered by Colorado Access member
If your family qualifies for CHP+, there are three simple steps you can take to apply.
- Fill out the CHP+ application. You can apply online. Click on the blue box “Apply for Benefits” to begin. It takes most people 30-60 minutes to apply. You can also apply in person, by mail or by calling 800-221-3943.
- Be sure to include all required documents. Click here to see what’s required.
- You’ll get auto-assigned to an HMO based on where you live. If you don’t get assigned to Colorado Access and you want to be on our plan, you can change your health plan. You have to change your plan within 90 days after you are first approved for CHP+. Call 888-367-6557 to change your plan.
If you’re part of Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program), you’re automatically assigned to a regional organization. Colorado Access is one of five regional organizations. Your assigned regional organization depends on the location of where you see your primary care provider (PCP).
Colorado Access is the regional organization for five counties: Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Elbert. This means that even if you don’t live in one of those counties, if your PCP is located in one then you are likely part of Colorado Access.
Changing your PCP may change the regional organization to which you are assigned. If want to change your PCP, call Health First Colorado Enrollment at 303-839-2120 (in Denver) or 888-367-6557 (outside of Denver). The Enrollment line is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed state holidays).
Millions of Americans, including children, adults and seniors need long-term services and supports because of disabling conditions and chronic illness.
First, you must apply and be approved for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program). There are several ways you can apply:
- In person at your local county office or an Application Assistance Site
- By phone at 800-221-3943 / State Relay: 711
- By mail
Once approved for Health First Colorado, we can assess your eligibility for long-term services and supports if you are a resident of Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas or Elbert counties. We are the designated Single Entry Point (SEP) agency for these counties.
If approved, we will develop a care plan that fits your needs based on eligibility requirements.