Continuing its Effort to Drive Transformational Change in Health Care, Colorado Access Adds Three New and Diverse Perspectives to Leadership Team
DENVER – Earlier this year, Colorado Access named Annie Lee as its first new president and CEO in 16 years. She also became the first woman and person of color to hold the role. Now, after more than eight months of immersing herself in the organization and its mission, Lee is growing the nonprofit organization’s leadership team with three executive appointments who bring a fresh perspective on community-driven health care that she believes will propel the organization forward in a new strategic direction.
The three new executives marry unique and vast experience in different areas that will deepen the efforts of Colorado Access, including its practices, approaches, and thinking, to better serve members. “We are bringing in new innovative thinkers that have all been on the forefront of advancing health care systems that are responsive to the needs of the people they serve”,” said Lee.
Additions to the Colorado Access leadership team include:
- Tamaan Osbourne-Roberts, MD – chief medical officer and vice president of health strategy
- Dr. Osbourne-Roberts has dedicated his work to the safety net and has an eye for moving toward addressing inequities and disparities in health care. He brings a wealth of experience serving Colorado Medicaid members, including in leadership roles as chief medical officer at both the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) and the Center for Improving Value in Health Care (CIVHC). Dr. Osbourne-Roberts will focus on driving transformational change.
- Joy Twesigye – vice president, health systems integration
- Twesigye will spearhead strategies that enhance and optimize members’ access to services across provider settings, programs, and systems. Twesigye is a nurse practitioner with a diverse background that includes direct care delivery and more than 30 years of starting socially responsible organizations and community building.
- Dana Pepper – vice president of provider engagement
- Pepper brings 20 years of executive experience in health plans and health systems with a strong background in Medicaid, accountable care, value-based payment models and population health. In this role, Pepper will be responsible for quality improvement and provider-facing departments.
“I’m incredibly excited to join the Colorado Access executive team,” said Dr. Osbourne-Roberts, “It’s an honor to be part of such an experienced group of leaders, and I look forward to working with them, and with the entire organization, towards positive and innovative change.”
With a company commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion Lee also explained that while the new executives offer tremendous health care knowledge and expertise, they also bring with them new outlooks, approaches, and experiences that add richness to the organization and provide a new look at ideas and how to connect with members. “We value diverse perspectives and representation in who we choose to lead,” said Lee
Full bios for each executive are on the Colorado Access website. Twesigye and Pepper began their roles in September while Dr. Osbourne-Roberts joined in October.
About Colorado Access
As the largest and most experienced public sector health plan in the state, Colorado Access is a nonprofit organization that works beyond just navigating health services. The company focuses on meeting members’ unique needs by partnering with providers and community organizations to provide better personalized care through measurable results. Their broad and deep view of regional and local systems allows them to stay focused on members’ care while collaborating on measurable and economically sustainable systems that serve them better. Learn more at coaccess.com.